general insurance advice

General Insurance Advice

(For example car insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, private medical insurance, accident insurance and sickness insurance)

house buildings insurance

House buildings insurance - Pays the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it is damaged by unforeseen events (as detailed in the insurance policy)

house contents insurance

House contents insurance - Covers the cost of replacing possessions lost or damaged due to unforeseen events (as detailed in the insurance policy)

accident and sickness insurance

Accident, sickness and unemployment (ASU) insurance

  • *Pays out a regular amount for a limited time - a year, say - if you can‘t work for health reasons or redundancy Mortgage payment protection insurance
  • *ASU insurance used to cover your mortgage payments Sickness insurance
  • *Pays out a regular amount for a limited time - a year, say - if you can‘t work for health reasons or redundancy Accident insurance
  • Pays out a regular amount for a limited time - a year, say - if you can‘t work for health reasons or redundancy lncome protection insurance (also called permanent health insurance)
  • Replaces part of your income if you can‘t work because of long-term illness or disability
  • Often this is a type of general insurance but, if it builds up a cash-in value, it is based on an investment-type life insurance policy

Pays out if you are diagnosed with a life-threatening condition, such as some forms of cancer and heart attack.

This Insurance pays out to cover loss of earnings in the event of accident, sickness or unemployment, either for all of these unforeseen circumstances, individually or any combination of them.

It is a requirement that both intermediaries and Lenders give customers information about MPPI. This is in response to the Government‘s wishes that an improved safety net is put in place following the review of Income Support for Mortgage Interest (ISMI).

The result of the review is that this benefit will not be paid until after 39 weeks (9 months) from when the claim is made, for loans taken out after 1st October 1995. Due to the way the payments are calculated (according to a standard interest rate set by the Government) the actual rate being paid by you may be greater. lt is important to note that eligibility for this benefit is assessed by the Benefits Agency Adjudicators. It should not, therefore, be assumed that qualification is assured.

Equally it is important to get advice to ensure that your own circumstances meet the criteria for benefiting from these policies in the event of a claim. As well as looking at any existing arrangements with employers or other policies that may have been taken out already and to assess any savings that could be used to tide you over a prolonged period of reduced or zero income.

You may like to obtain a copy of the leaflet. Take Cover For a Rainy Day. lf you would like a copy please ask. The leaflet incorporates a message from the Government, which includes the following:

The Government is concerned to ensure that you fully understand your mortgage responsibilities and that you can continue to pay your mortgage if you suddenly find yourself in unforeseen difficulties. lf you do not have the means to support your mortgage payments if you were to lose your income, the Government urges you to think seriously about whether you need to take out Mortgage Payment Protection lnsurance.

This payment protection insurance is optional. There are other providers of payment protection insurance and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website

For Buildings & Contents Insurance, we usually offer products from a limited panel of providers.

For Accident, Sickness and Unemployment (ASU) and Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance (MPPI) plans we act as introducers only.

» Life Insurance

» Term Insurance